Maybe you are in the Commercial Land Development business or you may be a Realtor in Henderson or Las Vegas Nevada who is following our blog. (Welcome!)
Maybe you just happen to feel you know a lot about commercial buildings. Let’s just test that theory! Take our Commercial Building Quiz. No peeking. The answers are found after the “Read More”
1) General uses includes:
h. a, c, g
i. b, e, f
j. all of them
True or False?
2) In 2012 there was 5.6 million Commercial Buildings and they covered 87 billion square feet in the U.S. ______
3) Approximately 170,000 Commercial Buildings per year are constructed in the U.S. and 44,000 are demolished. ______
4) Commercial Buildings use 75 percent of the nation’s electricity. ______
5) Climate control and lighting account for 51 percent of Commercial Building energy consumption. ______
6) The average energy consumption per square foot consumption has decrease 9.5 percent from 1980 to 2014. ______
7) In 2015, 40 to 48 percent of Commercial Buildings will be considered “green”. ______
8) The U.S. accounts for 40 percent of the world’s Commercial Buildings. ______
9) New York City leads the country in commercial construction year after year. ______
10) Commercial Buildings use 17 percent of public potable water of which 88 percent goes to sanitary, landscaping and climate control. ______
11) In 1970 the U.S. Steel Tower in Pittsburgh, PA was the first Commercial Building to use liquid-filled columns for fire protection. ______
12) Based on floor square footage, the Pentagon is the world’s largest office building at 6.5 million square feet. ______
13) Elevators in tall Commercial Buildings (skyscrapers) can travel up to 37 miles per hour. ______
14) The Empire State Building has the longest record for being the “World’s Tallest Building” for 42 years from 1931 to 1972. The record was broken by the World Trade Center. ______
Continue for answers.
The Las Vegas Valley is an area of extreme weather conditions. Although the hot, dry climate can on occasion exceed 110 degree temperatures, winters can bring below freezing temperatures. The Las Vegas Valley averages barely over four inches of rain per year. So when it does rain it is a downpour. The desert washes can be dry for years, then a desert monsoon hits and the washes are raging rivers flooding everything in their path. People who have lived in Las Vegas for twenty years of more remember the Charleston Underpass flooded, raging rivers under the Imperial Palace and aerial pictures of the Las Vegas Strip filled with water and abandoned cars. Nowadays flooding like this is unusual.
702-990-8660 - Main Office
1742 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway Suite 100
Henderson, NV 89012
Find our Real Estate featured page as a Las Vegas, NV Business in the Las Vegas Valley Directory.
Location: 1742 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway Suite 100, Henderson, NV, United States | Phone: (702) 990-8660
Website By: DeSimone Companies