Having access to the Internet provides information about everything today, including how to sell a house. People selling their house will find information on how to do it themselves and save money. Based on what they learn they may choose to go it on their own without a professional Realtor.
Some do fine, most do not. Here are 10 reasons why anybody selling their home should hire a professional Realtor:
1. Screening Buyers: Once a home hits the market there will be a parade of potential buyers. Are these serious buyers or “lookie loos”? A Realtor can readily identify if a buyer is serious or not, saving the seller time and trouble by only showing the home to the serious people.
2. Pricing: Sellers may think they know the right price for their home based on information they find on the Internet. Online they find another similar house that sold and they think it is a good comparable home. An experienced Realtor can look at the comparable house and for many reasons, will find that it is not, and adjust the seller’s house price correctly.
3. Market Conditions: Are prices trending higher or lower? What is the average days on the market? The ratio of list-to-sold prices and more? A Realtor working in the market on a day to day basis will follow these trends where a onetime seller will not.
4. Negotiations: A Realtor is a professional negotiator where a onetime seller is not. They can remove themselves from the emotional part of the sale and get the best possible price for the home.
5. Knowledge: Hire a Realtor and you just gained access to all their knowledge and experience. Sellers who do it on their own spend a lot of time learning the ins and outs of the business. In addition, there is a lot to learn and a critical issue could easily be missed.
6. Knowing the Neighborhoods: Realtors have intimate knowledge of numerous neighborhoods. Location is critical in the real estate business so when looking at comparable homes for sale, depending on the neighborhood, a similar house may not be priced the same.
7. Paperwork: Today, the volume of paperwork is staggering. The purchase agreement is ten pages or more. The total package is usually at least one inch thick and one mistake can be disastrous. The time alone to complete the work justifies hiring a Realtor.
8. Networking: Realtors network with other professionals in their industry. This often helps with finding a buyer for a home. Also, other issues can come up in the selling process. The home may have repairs that need to be completed before the sale or there may be title company concerns. Through networking, a Realtor makes connections and builds relationships with other industry professionals who can help with questions and competent and reliable contractors who can be hired to do the needed work.
9. Future Business: Once a seller works with a Realtor a lasting relationship is developed. Over a period of time, people will buy and sell multiple houses and if people have a successful experience with a Realtor it is likely they will use that Realtor again. Also, if a Realtor knows people will use them for multiple sales, the Realtor will go the extra mile.
10. Post-Closing: Hopefully, the sale of a house will go smoothly, but problems can arise after closing. If a mistake in the paperwork occurs months after closing a quick call to the Realtor will resolve the problem.
In general, hiring a Realtor will get the right price for a home, sell it quickly, and once sold, deliver a peace of mind that the sale was completed correctly. In Nevada, the Realtors to use are the professionals at First Federal Realty DeSimone. They can be contacted at 702-990-8660.